Friday, November 03, 2006

TRUST. UNDERSTAND. ACKNOWLEDGE.

"Trust in the lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding. In everything acknowledge Him and he will make your path straight."

TRUST:Assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something. One in which confidence is placed. A dependence on something future or contingent: HOPE. A charge or duty imposed in faith or confidence or as a condition of some relationship. CUSTODY.

Why is it so hard to TRUST in God? I find myself constantly analyzing the same thing over and over again and controlling it to what I want it to be or how I see fit, what would make me happy. And every now and again (like right now) I recognize what I'm doing and then questioning myself....Why, if I trust God, is it so hard to just let it go? Why is it such a battle? It’s easy enough for a person to say, "Yea, I trust God" but then actually doing it, is another thing.

"Lean not on your own understanding.

"TO UNDERSTAND: to grasp the meaning of. To grasp the reasonableness of. To accept as a fact. To achieve a grasp of the nature, significance, or explanation of something.I don’t understand a lot, infact I've been question God to the point that for the first time I scared myself by it. For the first time in my life, I felt bitterness toward God. I know that is where I never want to be and that the devil will do all he can to make me be at that place. I refuse to give into it. And by doing this, I have to learn to lean not on my own understanding.

"In everything acknowledge him and he will make your path straight."

ACKNOWLEDGE: To own or admit knowledge of or agreement with. To recognize the rights, authority, or status of to recognize as genuine or valid (A DEBT).

I am indebted to God. And even though I go through trails and question what He is doing, I won't give up or give in, I will press on toward the goal that Christ has called me heaven ward. I will be victorious in the end because Christ has already wun it all for me.With all my heart I want to fully trust in the Lord.

He is Good.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A freind of mine just sent me this quote and I really like it: "God always seeks to do us good. When things in our lives are not "good" it is because He is moving things around to allow Himself to do us more good." ~ John Piper

Jo, I love how you broke this scripture down in terms of how it relates to you personally. I enjoyed peeking into your heart when I read this. You are such putty in God's hands right, now, and I just LOVE that - HE loves that :)

Yes, TRUST, even when it seems dark and hopeless, the light WILL come bursting through and you will think to yourself on that day, "Why did I EVER doubt, even for a second!?!"

You, I love...

6:28 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Jolene, I feel that you are going through what every Jesus lover goes through (or at least those with some intelligence). I dont mean that to sound derogatory, I myself am one, I have trouble with defining christianity as it applies to myself. Youll be ok. How is life in Canada eh?

5:19 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Are you kidding. We only climbed some of the sickest routes in Squamish together. Ryan, from Texas, hello?

7:38 PM  
Blogger Bethani said...

Praying for you....B

3:57 PM  
Blogger AnnaMaria Nielsen said...

Thats a beautyful picture of you! You are beauty-
Anna-

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home