Alaska comes to Oregon!


Finally, after FIVE years, my good friend Emily came down from Eagle river, Alaska!! She had quite the welcome when she arrived. Friday was THE coldest day redmond has had all year. I think it was like negative double digets! I was on my way to the airport to pick her up when my car just dies in the middle of the highway! So i tried to think rational..."k, jolie, think!" I turn on my hazzered lights which took a bit of searching for! And then lock my car and run to the airport! First thing i did was look for Emily but she wasnt there. Then I hear the security cop talking about a car out on the main road... i went up to him and said, "o that's my'n!" So I ran all the way back out to my car and met two officers who were parked right behind it. They were in a good mood i guess cause they were making fun of me and saying things like I picked the perfect day to break down! I geuss it was all kind of ironic being the coldest day and all. So after pushing my car off the road they gave me a ride back to the airport where i waited for someone to pick us up! Im glad to say that her departure went alot more smooth! Overall it was an awesome weekend with an old friend.
3 Comments:
Man, this story was so crazy... I told Terra about it when I got off the phone with you and she was like... "Oh, poor baby!!!" So funny cause when you ask someone, "So how was your day today?" this is not the general response you expect. Gosh, running 10 minutes in the snow to pick Emily up, what a friend!
p.s. I really love the pic where Emily is throwing her head back and smiling... very nice :) I am glad you girls got to be together again!
great story jojo!
Post a Comment
<< Home