Tuesday, March 20, 2007

"Prayer brought no relief. Indeed, I seem to have lost the spirit of prayer and the power to pray. Then I remembered to give thanks and to praise God though I felt no spirit of praise and thanksgiving. Feeling, except that of utter depression and gloom, was gone. But as I thanked God for the trial, it began to turn to blessing, light flimmered, grew very slowly, and then broke through the gloom. The depression passed away, and life was beautiful and desirable again, and full of gracious incomings once more."
-Brengle


A TESTIMONY
Ive been reading a book by David Seamands. The book focusses on healing and forgiveness. I read the passage up above today and i totally realated to it.

Last week i was in the shower and i broke down in tears. I felt slammed by thoughts that i have been holding in about my life...It was like depression just hit me again and i began to weep. Then I remembered what the lord has been telling me lately, "WAIT ON THE ME!" So I said it out loud, "I will wait on the lord." And right then i felt every care leave me! It was like God was just waiting for me to say it out loud!

And again this week I just felt over whelmed by work! It was getting me down but Im learning in those tough moments to praise God for who he is in my life! He really does work in us if we ask Him!

.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great testimony jo... glad I got to talk to you about all this the other day... looking forward to another talk very soon!

xoxox :)

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home