Friday, October 03, 2008

K, here they are. Sorry its taken so long to post these. It's difficult to pic which ones to put up. These are just a handful out of 6,000 plus pictures that I took.

So, just a little history of whats been going on in my life; Back in July I took a photography course in Hawaii. After one month of being there, we traveled to China. In one month we documented 7 cities. It was an awesome experience to say the least. Life in China is so contrast to life here in the states. China is one of the oldest civilizations in the world. There is history everywhere you look. It was amazing to be standing in the middle of a city and look up and see a temple that was hundreds of years old right next to a sky scraper. I can't even begin to explain how cool it was.

If you can get passed the ego centric self of the western mind, you might appreciate the culture of China. I know that is a blunt statement but its true. Most westerner's could barely survive china with a positive attitude. I challenge you to put aside your ideas of how things should be in your own mind, and open yourself up to being taught by another race and culture. There is so much we can learn from the Chinese. It was a
blessing to be able to travel to China. I will continue to pray for their country.

Here is just a little taste of China...


MEAT HANGING IN A MARKET IN GUANGZHOU

A WORKER IN NANCHANG

DRYING PEPPERS ON THE STREETS

A LITTLE GIRL IN NANCHANG

UMBRELLAS ARE THE THING IN CHINA. NO MATTER IF ITS RAINING OR NOT THE CHINESE ARE CARRYING THEIR UMBRELLAS!

A RED PAPER LANTERN

AN OLD TEMPLE IN NANCHANG

FISHERMEN IN NANCHANG

I LOVE THIS OLD MAN!

ANCIENT & MODERN BUILDINGS

A LITTLE GIRL IN A SMALL VILLAGE IN GUIZHOU PROVIDENCE

LIVING NEAR THE TRACKS

NANCHING BY DAY

NANCHING BY NIGHT

GARDENERS IN SANYA

WALKING ALONG THE CHINA SEA

GAZEBO IN HANGZHOU

IN THE COUNTRY

PUPETIER IN HANGZHOU

LEAVING HONG KONG

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 4th one is my favorite - so BEAUTIFUL. These are all so great, Jo. The old man with the umbrella is fantastic!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

love the old man with the umbrella! these are SO awesome jojo! amazing!

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home