A few years back God put in my heart a desire to work with the street kids in Romania. My purpose to going to Ro was not just to do a good thing but I wanted to tell "their story" to the people back home. These are some of the poorest kids in the city. Most of them don't even have a chance for a good life. Some of them come from a house with just 1 room, no shower, & no running water. Most of they're parents are unemployed and thus forcing the kids to beg on the streets. STREET LIFE IS THEIR LIFE. One night I was walking down a street at like 9 at night and ran into a couple of them just chilling on the side of the road in the dark, no guardian with them. Because they are forced to do this, they become prey for bad people. A lot of them have been abandon in a sense. They are being forced to grow up at a young age. A lot of the girls are forced into prostitution so that they can get a little bit of money.
Because of this problem in Ro, some Christians opened a Day Center. Its a place where these kids can come after they get out of school. This provides an alternative to the streets. Here at the Day Center They get fed and clothed and help with their homework.
So, my friend Linda and I came to help. Actually, our main purpose there was to teach the kids Photography. We told them about how God gave us all "gifts" and we asked them what they're giftings were. Some of them knew. Some were challenged to think. It was awesome to hear what they had to share. I told them that one of the gifts God gave me was photography and I wanted to share it with them! So then we gave them a few lessons on how to take pictures and how to use the cameras! While in the states a few people in my family actually donated 20 disposable cameras for the kids!!!!! (thanks grandma, aunt Therese and mom!) I cant tell you how excited they were. If i had a recorder I would have recorded their screams for you! They were grabbing for the cameras! It was intense :) So much Joy I wish you could have heard it!
009%C2%A9+Jolie+Watts.jpg)
008%C2%A9+Jolie+Watts.jpg)
007%C2%A9+Jolie+Watts.jpg)
006%C2%A9+Jolie+Watts.jpg)
005%C2%A9+Jolie+Watts.jpg)
004%C2%A9+Jolie+Watts.jpg)
003%C2%A9+Jolie+Watts.jpg)
002%C2%A9+Jolie+Watts.jpg)
Because of this problem in Ro, some Christians opened a Day Center. Its a place where these kids can come after they get out of school. This provides an alternative to the streets. Here at the Day Center They get fed and clothed and help with their homework.
So, my friend Linda and I came to help. Actually, our main purpose there was to teach the kids Photography. We told them about how God gave us all "gifts" and we asked them what they're giftings were. Some of them knew. Some were challenged to think. It was awesome to hear what they had to share. I told them that one of the gifts God gave me was photography and I wanted to share it with them! So then we gave them a few lessons on how to take pictures and how to use the cameras! While in the states a few people in my family actually donated 20 disposable cameras for the kids!!!!! (thanks grandma, aunt Therese and mom!) I cant tell you how excited they were. If i had a recorder I would have recorded their screams for you! They were grabbing for the cameras! It was intense :) So much Joy I wish you could have heard it!
009%C2%A9+Jolie+Watts.jpg)
008%C2%A9+Jolie+Watts.jpg)
007%C2%A9+Jolie+Watts.jpg)
006%C2%A9+Jolie+Watts.jpg)
005%C2%A9+Jolie+Watts.jpg)
004%C2%A9+Jolie+Watts.jpg)
003%C2%A9+Jolie+Watts.jpg)
002%C2%A9+Jolie+Watts.jpg)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home